If you prefer a hands-on approach to tackling life's challenges, you're volunteer material! Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Three Square. We are very excited that you have selected us as your volunteer site! Three Square was awarded "Best Volunteer Organization" by the Las Vegas Weekly in 2009 and the 2011 Governor's Points of Light Awards for Non Profit Volunteer Program. We are certain that you will find your experience here to be fun and rewarding.
Typical volunteer activities include:
- Sorting and repackaging food at the Food Bank in the Volunteer Room which serves more than 600 Program Partners.
- "BackPack for Kids" Program – assembling bags of weekend food for children in need. Currently we are distributing up to 5,000 bags a week to more than 275 schools in our community.
- Kids Cafe and Summer Food Service Program – packaging more than 13,000 fresh, nutritious meals per week for children in after school enrichment programs or more than 100,000 meals during the summer months when they are not in school.
- Helping out at Special Events like DISH, Food Shows, Food Drives, etc. All volunteers will be notified of special upcoming events via email.
- Administrative help with mailings and clerical duties
If your team would like to plan a meal before or after your volunteer activity or tour, our banquet facilities are available with an assortment of menu choices where all proceeds benefit Three Square.
Once you have completed our individual application, you will receive an automated confirmation email. To view our online volunteer calendar, click on the link "Already a Volunteer" through our website and type in your email address and the password you created on your application. The profile you created will appear. By clicking on the Schedule tab, you will have full access to our volunteer calendar. Each activity provides a link describing the details of the volunteer opportunity. To sign up for an activity, click on the "schedule me" key to confirm your selection. If you find you are unable to participate in an activity, we also provide a "remove" key so you can cancel your reservation and allow another volunteer to sign up for the activity.
Are you interested in volunteering as a group or family?
group application - download our group application here!
Once your application is received, you will be contacted by our volunteer department to confirm your team's volunteer activity.
For all volunteers 10-17 years old, please complete our minor release form. Volunteers 10-15 years old will need a parent/guardian present. If the volunteer is 16 or 17 years old, they may volunteer on their own with a minor release form on file. Please note some of the volunteer activities have higher minimums and are listed in the job description.
Want to learn more about our volunteer opportunities?
Click here to see descriptions of our current opportunities