Become an Advocacy Champion!
Three Square is initiating a new way for individuals who want to “passionately pursue a hunger-free community” through advocacy in public policy.
Public policy advocacy takes several forms:
- Participating in advocacy activities that challenge our way of thinking about issues affecting hunger-relief efforts
- Staying updated on the progress of bills and initiatives on a national, state and local level
- Contributing to the discussion as Three Square develops positions on policies that impact the hungry in our community
- Engaging in meaningful dialogue with our Program Partners and clients in order to better understand potential impacts of new and changing policies and regulations
- Writing letters, making phone calls, and/or signing petitions that will add credence to Three Square’s voice on policy matters
- Visiting with elected leaders, candidates and political groups about our policy priorities
Legislative action day.
Signing up as a Hunger Champion will give you access to the following:
- Periodic update emails about
- Current policy issues
- Challenge activities
- Advocacy events, socials, or volunteering opportunities
- Invitations to forums with community leaders on policy issues
- Requests for action: signing petitions, making calls, emailing elected officials
- Specific information about the policy areas that interest you
YES, I want to advocate for hunger-relief through public policy engagement in the following areas (sign up for as many as you like):