Help out, dine out and takeout to support Three Square and area restaurants
LAS VEGAS, May 24, 2021 – Southern Nevada’s culinary community and foodies alike are preparing for the return of Las Vegas Restaurant Week, June 7–18, 2021.
Nearly 5.5 million meals have been provided for those in need through Las Vegas Restaurant Week since 2007. This year, the 12-day event will take a different approach, allowing Three Square to give back to the local culinary community while feeding families and individuals throughout Southern Nevada.
“Las Vegas is a restaurant mecca, home to everything from one-of-a-kind local eateries to celebrity chef-inspired, fine-dining spots on the Strip,” said Brian Burton, Three Square president and CEO. “So many of these establishments were impacted by the health and economic fallout brought on by COVID-19. Southern Nevada’s culinary community has come together every year for more than a decade to support Three Square and the fight against hunger through Las Vegas Restaurant Week – now it’s our turn to support them! When diners enjoy a meal during Restaurant Week, they are providing meals for hungry neighbors while bolstering our local restaurants.”
Key information and dates to know for Las Vegas Restaurant Week 2021:
- RestaurantWeekLV.org launched today giving diners an advanced opportunity to view a list of participating restaurants, takeout and dine-in menus and special promotions, as well as book reservations.
- Las Vegas Restaurant Week takes place Monday, June 7–Friday, June 18, with participating restaurants having the option to provide traditional three-course menus, specialty menus and/or takeout menus at price points ranging from $20–$80.
- Three Square traditionally collects $4–$6 of every meal sold from participating restaurants. This year, in order to provide additional support to local restaurants, Three Square is requiring a donation of just $1 per cover.
- Menus will feature a variety of flavors that are globally inspired, including Italian, Chinese, Mediterranean, Brazilian, Mexican and more.
- Diners are encouraged to share their experiences and be a part of the conversation on Twitter and Instagram by following @threesquarelv and using the hashtag #LVRW, and on Facebook by ‘Liking’ the Las Vegas Restaurant Week, http://fb.com/lasvegasrestaurantweek.
Last year, Three Square suspended Las Vegas Restaurant Week due to the COVID-19 pandemic and to focus its efforts on emergency food distribution. Food insecurity in Southern Nevada remains above pre-pandemic levels. Nearly 364,000 community members – or one in six – don’t know where their next meal is coming from. Additionally, one in four children is now living in a food-insecure household.
About Three Square Food Bank
Three Square is Southern Nevada’s only food bank and largest hunger relief organization, serving Las Vegas and all of Clark, Lincoln, Esmeralda and Nye counties. Since opening in 2007, Three Square has provided more than 444 million pounds of food to hundreds of thousands of people in need and earned a reputation as one of the most efficient and effective food banks in the country. When the COVID-19 pandemic struck, Three Square immediately implemented a disaster response plan to answer sudden school and business closures, drastic declines in retail food donations, social distancing limitations on volunteer efforts, reduced on-site staff support, and the need for low-contact food distributions. Within days, Three Square had increased food distribution by 250,000 meals a week and increased the capacity of its Call Center to refer Southern Nevadans to available food resources, social services, and unemployment benefits. While Three Square’s COVID-19 relief efforts have superseded regular programs and operations for the foreseeable future, it is more committed than ever to its mission of providing wholesome food to hungry people, while passionately pursuing a hunger-free community. Three Square is a member of the Feeding America network of food banks. If you or someone you know needs food assistance, or wants to learn more about Three Square’s vision of a community where no one is hungry, please connect at threesquare.org, Facebook (@ThreeSquareFoodBank), Instagram (threesquarelv) and Twitter (@threesquarelv).
The Firm Public Relations & Marketing, 702.739.9933
Three Square Food Bank, 702.644.3663