LAS VEGAS, Oct. 27, 2022 – Southern Nevada came through in a big way during Hunger Action Month this past September, helping raise a record-breaking $673,066 for Three Square Food Bank. As a result, the nonprofit will provide 2,019,198 meals to food-insecure residents.
The support allows Three Square to continue its fight against hunger, which remains above pre-pandemic levels. More than 341,000 individuals – or one in seven – are unable to access enough nutritious food to live healthy, active lives.
“We exceeded the total funds raised last year by more than $378,000, nearly tripling the number of meals that will go to our food-insecure neighbors for the second consecutive year,” said Three Square Food Bank Interim President and CEO Michelle Beck. “The collective efforts of this generous community made Hunger Action Month 2022 one of the most impactful we’ve ever experienced – that cannot be understated. Thank you to every person, business and partner who participated and made this possible.”
It was an action-packed September with plenty of ways to get involved during Hunger Action Month, from volunteering and donating to hosting virtual food drives. Efforts included:
- Three Square’s Community-wide Virtual Food Drive presented by Boyd Gaming returned this year, providing community members the opportunity to donate throughout September, contributing hundreds of thousands of meals.
- Hunger Related Events and Audacy teamed up with Three Square to host the annual 4 Corners Food Drive 22-23 on radio stations KXTE -107.5 FM, KMXB-94.1 FM, KXQQ-100.5 FM, KXNT-840 AM and KXST-1140 AM. The two-day effort raised more than $73,000, allowing Three Square to provide an additional 220,455 meals.
- The month long Strike Out Hunger challenge, in partnership with the Las Vegas Aviators and Reno Aces, contributed an additional 7,500 meals for food-insecure Nevadans. Barclays US Consumer Bank rounded out the effort with an on-site food drive at the Las Vegas Ballpark on Sept. 17.
- Dine with a Purpose returned to The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace Sept. 1-30, contributing an additional 18,000 meals to those struggling with hunger across the valley.
- And once again, longtime supporter Lotus Broadcasting helped close out the month with the KOMP-92.3 FM radiothon on Sept. 30.
Three Square is one step closer to a hunger-free community thanks to the following sponsors: Boyd Gaming Corporation, Aetna, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Anthem Injury Lawyers, CSAA, Desert Produce Sales, Findlay Kia, InTouch Credit Union, JPMorgan Chase Bank, MSTS – Nevada National Security Site, NRG Energy Inc., Raising Cane’s, Rimini Street and The Venetian Resorts.
For more information about Three Square and its programs, visit threesquare.org.
The Firm Public Relations & Marketing, 702.739.9933
Three Square Food Bank, 702.644.3663