Food Drives and Donations
Three Square offers individuals and organizations the opportunity to help those in need by donating food and funds to help power our mission to feed more than 164,000 Southern Nevadans monthly.
Organize a Food Drive
Traditional food drives are fun, easy ways to give back by encouraging others to donate food that Three Square will share with the community. Our food drive kit and registration form contain all the information you need to get started.
Food Drive Kit Food
Food Drive Registration Form
Virtual Food Drives
A virtual food drive is a convenient and economical way for individuals and businesses to support a great cause, all without having to go to the store and buy food.
Here are a few examples of successful virtual food drives:
Topgolf Las Vegas Virtual Food Drive
For more information, download our one sheet: Virtual Food Drive One Sheet
If you are looking for ideas of what to donate, below is a list of items that we need most.
- Meat and high-protein: Canned meat, canned tuna, canned ham, canned salmon, canned stew, canned spam, peanut butter, canned soups, rice, beans, canned chili
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Breads and cereals: Boxed cereal, oatmeal, flour, shelf-stable meal stretchers (instant mashed potatoes, mac and cheese)
- Personal hygiene: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, bar soap, deodorant, shaving products
- Baby products: Diapers, baby wipes. We do accept baby formula; however, it must have a 90+ day shelf life
- Paper cleaning items: Toilet paper, paper towels, plastic storage bags (baggies/Ziploc bags), disposable eating utensils
- Allergy-friendly products: Soy, almond and rice milk, gluten-free canned/boxed soups, rice pasta, gluten-free mac and cheese, rice cereal, alternative nut butters (almond, sunflower, cashew and walnut)
Do you need to drop off food?
Bringing your donations to our warehouse and Volunteer Room is very helpful and saves us about $95 in fuel and labor costs.
Warehouse hours for food drop off
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 3 :30p.m.
Volunteer Room hours for donation drop off
Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Three Square's offices and warehouses are closed on the following holidays
Nevada Day (please call to make an appointment)
Thanksgiving and Family Day
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
New Year's Eve and New Year's Day
I’m a food manufacturer, distributor, farmer or retailer.
If you want to make a large donation, please call us at (702) 644-3663 x360.
Do you have collection containers?
Yes. We have 55-gallon food drive containers that stand about four feet tall and two feet across. After registering your food drive, you can pick up barrels at Three Square, or request they be delivered.
Food drive registration forms should be submitted no later than two weeks before the date you would like to pick up your boxes or have your barrels delivered.
Please note, because of the high volume of requests during the holiday season, we encourage you to plan ahead to use alternate collection receptacles in the case that boxes and barrels are unavailable.
Is there a limit on how many collection containers I can receive?
Although there is no limit to how many collection barrels to request, the minimum requirement for food pick up is two barrels and/or 500 pounds of food.
Is there a minimum amount of food required for pick up?
Our warehouse is open for deliveries Monday-Friday 7:00am-11:30am and 1:00pm-3:00pm, as well as the third Saturday of the month between 9:00am-2:00pm. Saturday appointments must be made no less than 48 hours in advance.